Thursday, February 10, 2011

Top Five Things of Awesomeness


These are my top five things of awesomeness for the week of February 7.

#1 Turbo Snake.
It is AMAZING. I should have videotaped the amazingness of this $7 infomercial buy. Love it.





#2 Boy Meets World Season One.
I'm seriously re-living my childhood this week. Oh Cory. Oh Shawn. Oh Topanga. Oh Mr. Feeny. From jean vests and plaid arms to the plastic bubba juice containers and the Duck-Hunt gun. From the references to Full House, Punky Brewster and all the random actors who later went on to bigger things (ahem Shane West & Jessica Bowman). I love it all. And it is very funny. Laugh out loud funny.






#3 Canon SD1400.
My first digital camera ever - the Canon A560 died two weeks ago. it was a fantastic little camera. After a lot of research and deciding what I needed and wanted, I chose the Canon SD1400. It is amazing. Clear shots. Easy to use. Great Features and just enough do-dads and extras to give you a camera with cool options, but not be overwhelming to use. I strongly reccommend this camera if you are looking for a camera that takes great pictures, but doesn't take up a lot of space.

#4 Missoula Children's Theatre
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
This professional children's theatre company hails from Montana. They bring the directors, the sets, the costumes, the lights, the sound, the make-up, the script and the music. You just provide them with 60 kids to put on a fantastic show with. They group auditioned 113 kids for 2 hours to find the 60 kids that would work for our production. They proved to me that students can stand on a line for two hours without talking unless pointed to and told specifically what to say. Our production is this Saturday at 3pm and 5:30pm at the Kamloops Christian School.


#5. Rabbit Ears
I cancelled my cable in December. Heck! I'm not paying $40 a month to watch tv shows I already own on DVD or on the internet for free! It didn't bother me until this week. When GLEE started again. There's something about watching Finn and Puck on the tv from the comfort of my couch with my sisters. So I brought out the tinfoil and scotch tape and miraculously found myself a channel. And that channel is Global. And that channel plays GLEE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear nikki,

Lovely blog! This is quickly becoming one of my fave things to do :) And pretty much you're my hero for actually figuring out how to pirate global.....maybe Rachel and I should do the same...

Grackie Benz said...

LOL If you want, I'll can download and burn any episodes you happen to miss. Megafans usually upload episodes right after they air. That's how I have been able to watch and keep up to date with every audition for American Idol Season 10.

Grackamundo Benz said...

Omit the "can". Sorry. Just had sugar.

Lisa Novakowski said...

Hey there, Nikki, love your blog! It's amazing what comes up when you google someone :) I'm looking for a pocket camera, so thanks for the info.
I'm uploading a bunch of rehearsal photos to that gallery tonight, just in case you still need some to print for tomorrow!