Sunday, April 01, 2007

I was pulling out some older CDs this week - just to mix things up and as I drove down a beautiful back road near my house that I had never been on before, this song came on. I'm not usually one to get all sentimental and testimonial, but some of the lines in this song really made me thing.

Big Daddy Weave - Audience of One
From the album One And Only

I come on my knees
To lay down before You
Bringing all that I am
Longing only to know You
Seeking Your face
And not only Your hand
I find You embracing me
Just as I am

And I lift these songs to You and You alone
As I sing to You in my praises make Your home

To my audience of one
You are Father and You are Son
As Your spirit flows free
Let it find within me
A heart that beats to praise You
And now just to know You more
Has become my great reward
To see Your kingdom come
And Your will be done
I only desire to be Yours, Lord

So what could I bring
To honor Your majesty
What song could I sing
That would move the heart of royalty
When all that I have
Is the life that You've given me
So Lord let me live for You
This song with humility

And Lord as the love song of my life is played
I have one desire to bring glory to Your name

Because what really can I bring? God is SO amazing, and royal and majestic and I am just me, I'm loud, and sinful and I complain a lot. What can I do that would move someone as awesome as the Lord God Almighty? I'm just me, I'm not even good enough to try and it is amazing, that I even have the chance to give my God my life. He gave me this life and a long time ago I said I would live it for him, and often times I think to myself - "hey yeah, I"m doing that. I"m teaching at a Christian School, I work at the church, I'm involved in the church, I mentor youth, people like me because I have a good head on my shoulders and I follow Christ." I do that, but at the same time I complain about teaching, I worry about money, I swear, I gossip, inwardly I am stuck up. I need to turn those negative parts of me the other way, because all I can give to Him is this life that He has given me, and I'm not using my whole life to serve him.

1 comment:

~Rebekah~ said...

I LOVe that Song miss.G! So does everybody else in my family! have a good day!
Rebekah~