Thursday, March 29, 2007

Last night at work was TERRIBLE. The worst shift waitressing in the history of waitressing.

I got to work and all was well. A fairly quiet evening, a few tables here a few tables there. Heather and I were the only ones working - which was fine because it was not very busy. (Heather is also a manager). I'm just doing my thing, serving tables etc and then a group of fourteen - 14 - people come in and Heather puts them in my section. GAK. 14 people is a lot of people. Now usually when you get a big table like that you don't have to serve any other tables - or maybe just one or two other tables, because big tables take a lot of work. WELL it just got busier and busier and busier. I kept having to take tables and I was SUCH a horrible waitress. I totally forgot about one of my first tables that was on the other end of the restraunt from my section. I forgot to put in orders, people were being annoying and ordering things like a Bocca burger with fried mushrooms, but raw onions instead of fried onions, three pickles, no tomato, mustard not mayo and swiss instead of jack cheese. It makes for a lot of writing and punching into the computer. It was terrible and I was getting more and more stressed out.

And the other staff that came in to help with the rush was mean to me. I was going crazy. Tables were harping and yelling at me and giving me looks and just being rude. It was terrible.

WELL, I stopped by this old couples table to see if they were done their appetizer and unfortunately for me (or them) they had been done for a LOOOOOOOONG time and were really upset that food hadn't come. They had ordered a hot dog and chicken fingers. (Don't ask me why). ANYWAYS, the woman stood up and tore a strip off of me. As she was doing this I was just standing there with my hands full of plates. I had had enough.

I SLAMMED the plates on her table (so hard that they broke) and yelled in her face.
"Well! If you don't like it you can make your own freaking chicken nuggets at home. What kind of an adult orders a hot dog at a resturant anyways! We don't even serve hot dogs! Its not even on the kids menu. AND WHAT are all of you looking at!?!?!?!?!!!" (Everyone was looking at me now) "What the hell (yeah I swore) are you looking at? You think you are SOOOO much better than them? Its busy in here. If you have to waith 2 minutes for your coffee than SUCK IT UP. And what kind of person brings fourteen people to a resturant without a reservation. That is the most dummest, inconsiderate rude mean horrible thing to do. Didn't your mother teach you anything? And you! We don't serve cranberry pie so GET OFF MY BACK." By this time the staff members had come over to get me out of there. I pushed them away "Get off of me girl. You don't want to do that. You don't think that I don't know that the bosses are breaking employment laws! Yeah thats right everybody - this place breaks employment laws. But we are all so dumb that we don't stick up for ourselves. We just let it happen because we are young and desperate for money. We don't do anything because we are blessed to live in a country that forces us to pay out the nose for a higher post secconday education so we can get a good job and pay the loans back the rest of our life. Yeah, good jobs, waitressing. What a crock. ARRRG. AND you can't tell me what to do, I quit two weeks ago. This is my last shift, I can just leave and you can't do anything. You all suck."

Then I woke up.
It was all a dream.

1 comment:

~Rebekah~ said...

WOW!!!! that must have been a night mear... not a dream!!! As i was reading it, i figured that oyu must have been really mad to have sworn. But i am glad that is it just a dream!
~Rebekah~