Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Twas the night before something....

Twas the afternoon of Wednesday, when all through the streets
The cars were a driving, the people on their feet,

My gas tank was full, the oil all topped up
In hopes that my shopping would bring me good luck.

Vanessa was at candy striping working the beds
With visions of hot male nurses danced in her head.

And I in my teaching clothes, Fee-B covered with dirt
Had just parked on the side of the road along a empty curb.

When I went to the thrift shop, it was full of such clutter
I sprang round the aisles to see what what stuff would matter.

Away to the CD section I flew like a flash
Turned over the tables and threw out the crap
The sun shone through the window blessing my search
Gave the luster of glory to the objects I researched.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear
But a beaten up CD all scratched and unclear.
With five boys on the front, so lively and played
I knew in a moment it was the first CD ever made.

Better than Backstreet Boys, the came very first
Though some would argue that the Beatles were first.

Now Donny, Now Joey, Now Danny and Jordan
Don't forget the one no one liked I think his name was Jonathan

From 1989 to 1993
They came and left, came and left, came and left all.

As dry leaves that before wild hurricanes fly
When they met with an obstacle, their band it did fall.

Donny trashed a hotel
While Jordan had stage fright.

And then in a twinkling, I head over the PA
"We are closing, get out of here, its the end of the day"

As I picked up the CD, and was turning it around,
Down the aisle they came with a leaping bound.

They were dressed in all stonewashed from their heads to their feet,
And I haven't seen that much Neon since my days on the street.

A bundle of old clothes they had flung on their backs
Donations to goodwill - to the community they were giving back.

Joey's eyes how they twinkled, Donny's dimples how merry,
Jordans cheeks were like roses, Jonathans nose like a cherry.

Danny's droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And his 3 foot long rat tail hung on his back so low.

The steps on the side of their heads were so cut,
And the loafers and socks were definitley hot.

They said to me in unison "Please don't go Girl"
And told me romantically you're "My favourite Girl"

With a wink of my eye, and a twist of my head,
I told them "I remember when."

They spoke not a word, but went straight to their work
And emptied their bags and turned called me a jerk.

And laying their fingers up their nose,
And giving a five hip trusts, in mist they arose.

They looked down from above, to give one last word of advice,
And away they all flew leaving the chill of ice ice.

But I head them exclaim as they flew through the fluff

"Hey Nikki! Don't forget to always Hang Tough"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: