Friday, March 02, 2007

The Diploma Conniption

When I was in third year my good friends Karmyn, Christy, Sara-Beth and Kim started a book of conniption fits. There was the "I hate Stats class conniption" the "shopping cart gave birth to an egg conniption" the "Christy and James are dating conniption" (which involved rigorous tree shaking).

Two days ago I had the "Diploma Conniption" which is also known as the "Class Composite Conniption". My parents just returned from Ontario where they brought me a suitcase full of stuff that I had in storage. Some of my most prized possessions - my Poland outfit, my puffalump, some books and.... after 2 years in a box, my university Diploma and Class Composite.

I was looking through the composite, seeing all my old friends. I was going down the rows, Faraghalla, Geleynse, Giesbrecht. WHAT! It's supposed to be Geleynse, Gerrits, Giesbrecht. All through college it was Geleynse, Gerrits, Giesbrecht. Two of my best friends on either side of me and now they left me off the class composite!!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I was the Recreation Centre Coordinator! I was on the Activities Committee! I was a sound system technician! I was on a praise team! I was an RA roomate! I started all the funny staff nicknames! My auntie is the Assistant Registrar! What more do I need to do to get on the class composite!!!

Then I remembered. I was in the Education Department. And my picture is at the top.

2 comments:

Xeryl said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

hee hee!! It's always good to have conniptions though...

That was pretty incredible when that shopping cart just up and laid an egg...

miss ya
christy