Tuesday, March 20, 2007

TWO HEAD is Causing Quite the Stir.

I don't know if I ever told you HOW I got in the newspaper with Two Head the Fish. WELL people, it was this blog. Someone from the Kamloops Daily News was reading my blog, read that post and thought it would be a good story. I thought it would all end after they sent the super cute reporter to interview me and Two Head.

Like usual, I was wrong.

Apparently there is an irate fisherman in Idaho that read the article too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mar 16 2007

Editor:

I bring a great deal of tourist dollars into your economy every year when I come up to fish for B.C. salmon.

This is money you would not have if not for people like me.

Now I read in your paper that there are two- headed salmon in B.C. (‘A two-headed fish tale being told at Kamloops Christian,’ March 7).

The question I have for your Department of Fisheries is this: If there are two-headed salmon in B.C., then why are you forcing me to use one single-barb-less hook?

At least in the United States, our government makes hunting and fishing fair so everyone, even kids, get a chance for a kill.

This does not seem fair to me.

If there are two-headed salmon, I should at least be allowed to use two hooks.

R. Cruse

Boise, Idaho

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki, it wasn't the Daily. It was Kamloops This Week. Big difference. The Daily would never read your blog or write about two-head.

Nikki Gerrits said...

WELL mr. or mrs. Anonymous it is 1:48 AM right now and you are getting a grumpy response from me. OBVIOUSLY I KNOW it was Kamloops this week because thats what the BIG banner picture was of. I just type-o'd the wrong paper. Kamloops has too many papers anyways. Kamloops this week, Kamloops daily, kamloops this week daily, kamloops this week extra, kamloops daily extra sunday edition etc. AND I find it interesting that Kamloops is SOOOO frustrated with the pine beetle infestation and the loss of trees and we have 47 newspapers. And that is my grumpy retraction.

ferin kyra said...

are you even serious? nikki that is the most ridiculous letter i have read...mostly because an american took the time to write about a fish that was a defect in a school room. that is so stupid. frick i hate americans...why does anyone even care about a little fish? (no offense!) two hooks....how dumb....it is hard to be a good christian sometimes when people can be so...STUPID.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to make you grumpy. I just thought, in the interest of fairness, that you should credit the paper that actually paid attention to your project and class. Seems the least you could do. Because it really does matter. It's kinda like someone saying that all teachers are the same and there are too many of them anyhow.


oh, and the American letter sounds like he was trying to be funny.

Karmyn said...

Not gonna lie Nikki - still a little skeptical that good ol' 2 heads actually exists....

Love ya

Nikki Gerrits said...

LaShawnda, Two head is real. maybe when you come next month you will be able to see it.

And anonymous: Ferin is a girl. And she is funny.

kingzkiidinromania said...

wow! you're causing quite the contraversy with your 2 headed fish!
miss you girl!
aura