Friday, March 09, 2007

Was Jesus in the Oven?

An article found in the Kamloops Newspaper - And I promise you, it is worth the read right to the end.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

By CASSIDY OLIVIER
Mar 09 2007

Was Jesus in the Oven?

The Lord is said to work in mysterious ways — and for Aaron Frazer, the mystery intensified seven days ago while he was roasting peppers at his own work at Cowboy Coffee on Victoria Street.

It was then — last Friday around noon — that the 28-year-old cook first witnessed what he claims is a relief of Jesus Christ, etched out roughly on a baking sheet by the burnt run-off from roasting red peppers.

The peppers are used in the downtown Kamloops establishment’s sandwiches.

“I looked at it and I thought it looked like something,” Frazer told KTW on Wednesday while taking a time-out from kitchen duty.

“Then after a while, I thought it looked like Jesus. I asked my co-worker and she agreed.”

Spurred by the tale of a Florida woman who four years ago sold for $28,000 a half-eaten grilled cheese sandwich that had (apparently) the face of the Virgin Mary burnt into it, Frazer got to believing he could turn his own little miracle into a small fortune.

Shortly after the discovery, Frazer had the baking sheet posted for sale on eBay, where he is hoping it will pocket him a sizeable purse.

He has since acquired as a businesses partner, a co-worker in anticipation of the pay day.

Bidding will start at $49.99 US, with some of the proceeds going toward covering the replacement cost of the baking sheet, estimated at about $20.

Pepper seeds baked onto the cooking sheet will go for extra.

“I haven’t checked it recently, but the last time I did there was one hit and it was from Kyle (his co-worker),” Frazer said, adding his boss has been supportive of his ambitions.

“[I’m hoping] for as much as possible and maybe a movie deal.”

As of press time, there had been zero bids on the “miracle” baking sheet.

Opportunist? Fraudster? Zealot?

Perhaps.

But Frazer thinks there might be someone watching over him.

The day the image of Jesus “appeared,” Frazer chanced upon a $10 note on the sidewalk.

“Praise the Lord,” he said.

Amen.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Aaron Frazer with the holy baking
sheet. The Kamloops cook is offering
the Son of God for sale on eBay
.

Ok. When I heard this story. I LAUGHED. I mean come on! So my coworker and Leanna and I decided that this 'amazing' 'miracle' story deserved a little field trip after school. And so without further ado. Here is some pictures of our pilgrimmage to see the holy pan.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We may or may not have told the guys that worked there that we were miracle investigators. And by that I mean we told them we were miracle investigators.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I can definitely see how it resembles Jesus.

Check it out on e-bay of you want: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Miracle-Jesus-Portrait-Appears-on-Baking-Sheet-Wii_W0QQitemZ220089266824QQihZ012QQcategoryZ1447QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a grease stain to me