Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Two weeks of March Break make Nikki a very happy girl. ALTHOUGH I was already bored by Monday night. I decided then and there that I was going to keep occupied as much as possible - with lots of relaxing in the form of Gilmore Girls Season Six. I also was determined that before the winter season was over, I was going to learn some basic snowboarding moves AND how to use stupid T-Bars. Basically my snowboarding method of the year was to go down the hill as slow as possible without falling. I got really good at that. Really! But people made fun of me. So I needed to 'up' the skills if you know what I am saying.

I went out yesterday - the perfect day, 18cm of fresh snow, warm, sunny, and a Tuesday so no lines. And after 2 hours on the bunny hill I not only mastered the dumb t-bar, but I learned how to 'carve' (an 's' type of turn using the heel edge and/or toe edge of a snowboard) Which is pretty much is the second basic maneuver after not falling.

This is a picture of me yesterday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Or maybe it is a picture off the internet. I'll let you guess which one it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nikki you rock, I can't believe I know you!!! Looking forward to this weekend...sweet times ahead in the cheese mobile!