Monday, March 12, 2007

It all started Friday afternoon. Parent teacher interviews were done for another term and March Break was just around the corner. I wanted, nay, NEEDED to do something. And I needed to do something that was not in Kamloops. I knew Tiersa would be up to do pretty much anything - because the two of us always like to have fun. We argued about pranking people for a while, debated the low points of Kamloops and how our whole group of friends is stuck in the rut of coffee and movies being the only thing we ever do. I was determined to do something different. Three hours later we were on our way to Merritt British Columbia. People from this area know about Merritt. For my home-boys in Ontario, lets just say it is comparable to Clinton. So much in fact that minus all the cowboys walking around, it pretty much was an exact replica. Including a Peopo's Family Restaurant, Stedmans, Triangle Discount and one stoplight.

Tiersa took me to her favourite restaurant where we dined one some fine cuisine and then I suggested a tour of the Merritt Walk of Stars. (It's what the Radar is to Clinton.) We also looked at the town's various murals (doesn't Clinton have a Mural Tour? )We spent some time looking for 'the lookout' but were unsuccessful even though apparently there is a big flag at the top and it is impossible not to find it. We ate a fun dip, listened to plenty of S Club 7, Backstreet Boys, 98degrees and Hilary Duff.

All in all, it was pretty much the perfect date. Except that Tiersa is not a cute boy and... well I'm pretty sure that "loves S Club 7" is not on my list of things that makes a boy attractive.

Here's some pictures
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me and Kenny Rogers

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Look out Nicole Kidman. Tiersa is all over your man... well his hand print...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I could totally be a Dixie Chick

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Paul Brandt is nice. So is Tiersa.

1 comment:

~Rebekah~ said...

HI Ms. G
How are you?
I am so glad that i found your blog!