Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Ahoy!

I was never the child that dreamed I would be a pirate. It just never was my life goal or aspiration - not until Sunday that is.

On Sunday morning I headed with my dear friend the Chief down to the Hamilton Harbour where a number of Tall Ships (aka Pirate Ships) were docked for the weekend. The sun was shining, the crowds were out, the breeze was coming in off Lake Ontario, it was a beautiful day.

The ships are amazing. SO massive, so much rigging, so beautiful. I figure I will never be rich enough to own one, but I could take up pirateering (pirate-ing? Piratizing?) and possibly get one that way. I mentioned that to a friend who legitimately works at sea and was reminded that becoming a pirate requires a violent and STD filled lifestyle. So for now, I'll pass on becoming a pirate.


BUT NOW A GAME I CALL: "YOU SUCK AT BEING A HISTORICAL INTERPRETER" 
This game is brought to you by my second home in Barkerville, BC and is dedicated to my Barkerville Family.
Using this picture, as well as what I saw and heard that afternoon, I will tell you why these people should be ashamed of their 'historical' interpretation of the War of 1812.

1. French Manicure.
2. Straws
3. Paper Cups
4. Discussion about yoga
5. Canada Flags
6. Don't even get me started on the fiddle player.


Ontario is awesome. My visit is awesome. My friends are awesome. Banana Popsicles are the awesomest.

No comments: