Sunday, June 30, 2013

He got fired. Weird.

Niagara Falls. June 29, 2013. Possibly the nicest picture of me ever. :D
You know, I have been to Niagara Falls a few times over the course of my life and it never ceases to amaze me how... well... amazing it is.

This cataract pumps over 900 000 cubic feet of water per second! And that is only 1/3 of the flow it is capable of! The other 2/3 of it is diverted to produce hydro electricity for Ontario and New York State. It has an amazing history which I won't bore you with right now, but if you ever get the chance to come to Ontario, make sure you stop in Niagara Falls. Oh yes, it is a complete tourist trap, it totally is, but it's worth it to go there at least once in your life.

On Saturday night my two besties from University and I headed to Niagara for an evening of laughing, walking, friendship and our traditional Possee Pizza. (Shout out to Pizza Dave who got us hooked).

 Possee Pizza started during university. The years when students tend to be unhealthy and not think that eating pizza regularly at 2am was probably not a good idea. We'd all be studying or working or having pillow fights (because that is what girls in university do all day long) and one of us would suggest a Pizza Pizza run. We'd load up the car and head to Pizza Pizza and our best bud Pizza Dave who would let us make our own pizzas, give us free dipping sauces and pop and generally let us have the run of the Pizza Pizza store he worked at. And then one day Pizza Dave wasn't there. He got fired. Weird.

Pizza Pizza only exists in Ontario. So every time I come back, we three head out for our Possee Pizza Special - chicken, feta, sun dried tomatoes. A delicious tradition.

I love my friends. I love that they are hosting me, and caring for me, and love me, and are taking time off to spend time with me while I'm here. They make me happy.




No comments: