Saturday, August 24, 2013

I didn't even know that existed!

Ok,
No joke, I have been wanting to share this adventure with you for almost two months. Summer has been awesome and crazy and wonderful and today I have at my disposal a computer, a piece of cold pizza, a house to myself, and the desire to sit in my PJ's and blog.

You have met my friend Christy  before.

Quick recap: She has made it her goal to learn 25 new things this year. I have been privileged to guest star in three of her blogs now. The week before I headed back to Ontario for a visit, Christy e-mailed me and asked me if I would like to participate in two more of her blogs. One was a surprise, and the other one required me to bring work out clothes and a bathing suit. My first thought was, "oh no, Christy is all into triathalons, I hope she doesn't make me do one. I am so not fit enough for that."

Little did I know I was about to not only learn something new, but learn something new that I didn't even know existed!

Stand-up Paddle Boarding Yoga.

Yes it is a combo of stand up paddle boarding while doing yoga at the same time. Ridiculous. And awesome. So, if you fall out of a pose, or loose your balance, you fall into the lake. It takes an extra amount of strength, coordination, and balance to be able to do yoga while on a paddle board.

It was amazing. So fun, so hilarious, so relaxing, so wonderful. Christy and I pretty much had an instructor to ourselves and it was a great evening to be out on a lake stretching, relaxing, working out, balancing, and enjoying nature.Try it once, just to say you did. It was so random, and such a great evening.


This is Christy being the most awesome person in the world. She had never done yoga EVER before, and she was able to do a headstand. The instructor was flabbergasted. Christy is a superstar in every sense of the word.





No comments: