Sunday, January 13, 2013

I like it Hot

Ok, so ya'll know that I love travelling, and doing/seeing super random things and over my Christmas Holidays I got to do just that - see AND do, something totally random. Something wonderful and highly recommended. This:

Ainsworth Hot Springs


Now, what you see here is just the tip of the iceberg of this wonderful, wonderful, hidden gem in the BC Kootenies. After a perilous, death-defying drive down 'a short-cut' (aka death-cut, seriously), we arrived at Ainsworth Hot Springs and our lovely on-the-lake condo.  The pool you see above is the warm-pool. There also was a cold pool (6 degrees for those of us willing to attempt a polar dip/mini-heart-attack before jumping into the) hot pool.

Now the cool thing about the hot pool, is that the hot mineral-filled water that naturally filters into it from the mountain, also flows through caves. Caves you can go into. Caves you can swim through.


Um, yes. WAY cool.

I love getting away. I love it. I love the drive, and the ferry, and the seeing of a new amazing thing that God has placed on this earth. I love napping and staying in my pajamas till noon. I love swimming, and watching too much tv, and singing loudly in the car. I love spending time away with people who make me happy. So good. I'm so thankful for my mini-vacation.

No comments: