Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Life Changing

Amazingly enough, this year for Christmas I got a pretty smoking awesome Christmas present. A new snowboard and bindings. NEW! Brand new!

I've been snowboarding since I first moved to BC, so this is my 7th season now. And for the last 7 years, I have been using a board that was so graciously given to me by my best friend. It is the 'giving board'. It was given to her, she gave it to me, now I will give it to someone else. It is old, and heavy and covered with decals from all the mountains it has seen in its 15 year life. It served me well.

But deep down, I must confess to you, I coveted. I coveted others snowboards. So shiny, and light, and slim, and smooth. But alas, I could never bring myself to make such a large, expensive purchase for myself. Money needs to go to important things, rent, food, gas, rice krispy squares, etc. You know - life things.

But this year, (coincidently enough on the first day of christmas), I was given a new snowboard. It is gold and white and shiny and sleek and beautiful and light and smooth and amazing.

On Saturday night we took me and my new board out. And oh mylanta, it was AMAZING.

I can't even convey to you the amazingness of having a board that doesn't weigh 45lbs. That isn't 4 inches thick, That isn't chipped and scarred from years of beginners learning to snowboard with it.

It was, and I quote myself after my first run, "life changing."

So smooth. So gentle. So soft. So easy to maneuver and adapt to, and go down the hill with. It was the most amazing night of snowboarding I have ever experienced. I'm going to love it, and use it, all.the.time.

PLUS, I look really cool.


No comments: