Wednesday, May 30, 2012

6:21pm

You know, I'm feeling good right now.

Six hours ago.... not so much. I've pretty much been on the verge of "I'm going to throttle anyone who bugs me" for the last few days. This type of attitude usually is met with me curling in a fetal position on the couch of the staff room every lunch, and dangerous items such as pencils and scissors need to be taken away from me. Don't even get me started with what I could do with a geometry set!

But right now - it's 6:13 pm. Vanessa made us supper and we sat down together like real friends and sisters and just laughed and giggled and ate. We did the dishes and the house is clean other than the creative clutter of my craft area. I'm sitting on the couch looking at the beautiful view in my backyard as a breeze washes over me. I'm on facebook looking at funny things and getting messages from my Barkerville friends who are all trying to find me a place to live this summer when I go back for another epic season.

And this afternoon it was warm. Not stifling hot as it tends to get this time of year, but warm and sunny with a breeze. I came home after an exhausting-pencils-in-my-eyeballs-and-yet-strangely-fulfilling-and-ok type of day, put a blanket on the freshly cut grass in my yard, read a novel and fell asleep.  It was relaxing and wonderful.

And then an ant crawled up my nose.

But I don't care. I'm still relaxed.

2 comments:

Grackiesukiyaki said...

I think it might be some kind of honour for an ant to crawl up your nose. I think I read that somewhere... LOL

Linda K. Branton said...

So, you are going to Barkerville again? Why not. Certainly those are going to be the days that when we are old and grey in the Redeemer University College Alumni Retirement home, you will have dozens of stories to tell over and over again. Those will be your sweet glory summers. Have a great time, and convince your mom to sew you like 12 new costumes for your new skinny bod.