Monday, March 19, 2012

Medieval Day

I know, I've been bad at blogging, but to make up for it I'm going to write two blogs today! Lucky you! I wanted to share with you some pictures from the "Medieval Day" that I had with my class on the last day before Spring Break. Our school theme this year is "Your Kingdom Come" and has been following a medieval theme. We've been learning the chivlary code and about what life was like back in the days of castles, princes and princesses. As part of an extension, a couple of my exceptional students worked together to plan the entire day. There was a costume contest, catapult building and contest, a banquet (with 'wine and champagne' in goblets), capture the princess game (capture the flag with about 20 barbies dressed as princesses), and we watched the Princess Bride. It was a really fun day, enjoy the pictures!






Building catapults. (the old fashioned way - with a glue gun)



These two were HILARIOUS. Seriously, everything they touched that day got ruined, spilled or broke. Totally by accident every single time, but when I finally got exasperated (the table cloth for the banquet somehow got tucked in his pants and when he walked away... well the whole table and all the food and drinks went with him), he looked at me and said "Miss. G! I can't help it. I'm drunk!"






The best costume ever. I also think it's funny that his dad - an RCMP officer, helped him make it. I asked to keep it, it could come in handy some days.











No comments: