Friday, March 23, 2012

Cornrows

So a few months back Bethany and I were sitting around on a Sunday night
and we were super bored. Like so ridiculously bored we just wanted to cry. We
came up with the idea of starting 'a bored jar' which is basically a jar full
of random ideas that we came up with. Whenever we are bored, we pull an idea
out of it and we HAVE to do it. That's the rule. No looking at something,
deciding you don't want to do it and then putting the idea back. You have to do
it.

We don't often pull the bored jar out. But we have a few times, and we do what
is on the paper no matter what. Like going for a walk - in a snowstorm.
Attempting headstands etc.

Today I was super bored. And after playing on facebook and pinterest for
about 400 hours and whining all day, Vanessa came over and plunked the bored
jar on my lap. I reminded her that we have to do whatever is written on the
paper. No tradesies.

Here is what I pulled out:




And so I did.
Yeah I did. One long cornrowed snake all the way around her head. AND not only did I keep occupied for 20 minutes, but Vanessa did her homework and now I have something to blog about!

No comments: