Sunday, April 03, 2011

Bacon Sundae


Bacon makes a classic ice cream sundae even more awesome. We start with maple flavoured syrup and a scoop of rich, creamy vanilla ice cream and then a generous sprinkle of our diced hickory-smoked bacon And another sweet layer of syrup and vanilla ice cream topped with even more bacon and a drizzle of syrup.

Ok. Seriously. I am as Canadian as the next girl. But a Bacon Sunday? Come on! And I didn't see this crazy menu-item on any old menu at a random greasy spoon in the wilds of British Columbia, I saw it at Denny's. DENNY's. The breakfast place.

I don't know, maybe it is a good idea. Ice Cream, gooooood. Syrup, gooooood. Bacon, gooooooood. Bacon sundae, goooooooooooooooooooooood. Maybe it's the sweet-salty that people crave. Maybe Canadians pork producers are trying to expand into the desert market. Or maybe Canadians just straight-up, plain and simple, love bacon. On everything.

Canadians also love gravy on everything. Can we expect a gravy sundae next?

Ew.

If you try the Bacon Sunday will you please give me a reveiw of it. I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

3 comments:

LStew said...

I would eat it if it didn't have all that maple

Louise said...

My parents had one in St. George, Utah, and they loved it. They said that the syrup and bacon together was the best part, with the ice cream as an extra bonus.

Cammy said...

Ok I realize you posted this a while ago....but I just wanted to let you know that I am a recent convert to chocolate dipped bacon (via fondue) ...therefore I may be persuaded that bacon on ice cream might also be heavenly. Let me know if you've actually tried it since!