Friday, February 09, 2007

updates

I don't blog enough for those of you who care to keep up with my life. Here are some things that have been going on.

I threw a hissy fit last Thursday at Harper Mountain because I fell off the T Bar. I threatened to never snowboard again. I hate that thing. It's hard to use. I always get hurt. I'm going snowboarding tonight.

My Aunt Dianne, from Ontario randomly showed (shew? shewed? whats the past tense of to show?) up on our doorstep last weekend. We had fun celebrating my dads 51st birthday. He is officially over the hill now.

I miss Romania this week. La Mult an Debroah!

I'm looking for a summer job.

My sisters are awesome and I love them a lot.

Bethany S is still my favourite person in British Columbia - followed very closely by Tiersa.

While at MissionsFest in Vancouver two weekends ago I had the opportunity to hear from Gracia Burnham - (In the Presence of my Enemies) about her time in the Phillipines as captives in the jungle. VERY thought provoking. I also learned that Tiersa and I not only share our fettish of soft fruit, but we also must sleep on the right side of the bed, on our stomachs - and must be facing the door to fall asleep.

I'm storytelling at a festival next thursday night.

My dogs are knocked up. All the puppies will have the same father. They will all be born the same week. Captain Hook (the stud dog - his really name. Really.) was very confused when he came over to 'fulfill his duties'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Nikki, I saw you having a hard time on the T-Bar.... don't be discouraged.... just keep on giving it you best... I was the laughing stock last year on the hill, just ask Beth & Tiersa.

Yes and let it also be known that I was not the only one who was snoring that weekend of MissionsFest, the girls (Nikki mostly) also snores... And on the second night, I was awakened a few times from my beauty sleep..... And by the way, I do not have a fetish with bedding. I simply like to be comfortable.

On a more serious note, I enjoyed listing to Gracia... her faith is very inspiring...

Nikki Gerrits said...

Girls PURR. (we do not snore.)

Anonymous said...

T-bars are NOT made for snowboarders. i have never successfully conquered one, and i've been riding for years!

in fact, i was fell backwards on one and my board got caught on the bar.... i hit my head on the ground and got dragged a bit. totally humiliating. that was about 9 years ago and i haven't tried another T-bar since :)