Friday, December 01, 2006

SmArt People vs. Smrt People

I've realized recently that some people are VERY smart, and that I am not one of them.

Example #1 The other day my sister was talking about some friends of hers that invited her to go to Cuba. I told her that it would be a very long drive. And I still hold to the fact that Cuba is attached to land. The internet and the encyclopedia are both wrong.

Example #2 I'm reading a paper on Youth Ministry written by the associate pastor of the church I work at and I was only at the third line before I had to look up a word.

Now, before I moved to BC I never thought of myself as stupid. Now I do. I began to think that perhpas BC is bad for my mind - and my self esteem. Then I realized I know more Dr. Quinn trivia than anyone else in the world. So I am just smarter in areas that don't require knowledge of geography.... or words.....

No comments: