Friday, December 01, 2006

I like grade 12

I would just like to say that my favourite class at KCS is probably the grade 12 class that I teach on Friday's. Number one because my super cool sister Vanessa is in it, and two because all her friends are in it and we have a lot of fun. They make fun of me, and I tease them and they often get away with calling me Nikki. They rarely pay attention to what I am lecturing "just show us the overheads! gash!" is an often repeated phrase. But they do respect me and like me and it is SO exciting to see young people who are nice and fun and who honestly LOVE the LORD and want to serve him with their lives and their actions. It's encouraging to hear them talk about God, or to see them worship in church and to see how they spend their free time volunteering together, or doing outreach or edifying eachother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nikki! This is your 'cuzin' francine from surrey! :) hello! I totally randomly found your site! I thought I'd say a quick hello! My 'rents were supposed to go up to your place last weekend. Something about a centimetre (or two!) of snow??!! :) I didn't know you taught your sister... That's so fun! Well, say hello to your family for me!! :)