Thursday, March 14, 2013

Open to suggestions...

Well, officially the word went out this week.
I need a change.
And so next September I will not be returning to teaching.
What I'm doing is still up in the air. My only criteria is that is can't be teaching, it has to be something new, and should involve some sort of adventure. I have no idea what to do and I am taking suggestions.

Such as the following ones from my students.

Go to Hollywood
Go to Hollywood and meet Zac Efron
Go on a Disney cruise with Zac Efron
Kiss Zac Efron (hmmm. I'm sensing a theme)
Meet Zac Efron, snowboard in the winter, 3 weeks at Disney World, get a boyfriend. (Ok. I'll get right on that...)
You should be a firefighter because there are a lot of hot fire fighter men. Wink... wink...
Be a famous trivia show host
Become popular and be crazy with money and buy a year supply of bacon (bacon is delicious)
Hunt Yeti in Alaska (would be good research for my book)
Belly button lint collector
Bungee jump off the grand canyon (I would pee my pants, but it would be amazing)
Be a model in a magazine
Give tips to girls/boys about dating (to which my response was a very sarcastic 'oh yeah, because clearly I am sooooo good at dating...)
Travel to Guatemala and be a missionary for a month
Be a lonely and crazy old cat lady (currently in progress)
Go to Mexico and pet dolphins and zipline and take a tour of the tekela (tequila) factory
Go to Peru and see Machu Pichu
Be a stunt double
Find Bigfoot
Work in Las Vegas (I would be a terrible showgirl)

 If you have an idea, let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start your own business doing something you love. (After 7 years of teaching, that's what I'm currently working on!) - Donna G.

Aleida said...

All of those are good suggestions.

I'm going to suggest that during my spring break you come to Nicaragua and we travel in Nicaragua together. Look up Corn Island (http://www.lonelyplanet.com/nicaragua/caribbean-coast/corn-islands) and it will confirm why you want to come if not just for me but the beauty and low cost of Nicaragua. You can also come for a little longer (let's say a month)and stay with me. We can travel, surf, you can volunteer somewhere cool, hike, and just be awesome together.

Bottom line, I think it's great that you are taking a break and looking to do something you love. I hear starbucks has good benefits and pays fairly well. That way you can fund your travel :)

Sandy H said...

The Heyinks all think that you would be super amazing awesome at loving on some gorgeous, adorable, steal-your-heart kinda kids at COTP in Cap Haitien, Haiti!! We could even come visit you there ;)