Thursday, November 01, 2012

Sully was taken hostage by a mouse

The other morning I woke from a deep slumber to the sound of a shrill shriek coming from the hallway. Being the good sister that I am, I ignored it and went back to sleep, it was after all five am. Priorities people, priorities.

When I did finally decide to wake up, I walked with sleep filled eyes to the bathroom, passing as I usually do, our storage closet. Somehow through the haze of early morning I noticed a bright blue note on the door. The note read:

"Do not open this door. There is a very large, very disgusting mouse in here. It scared me and it is really big and scary and me no likey."

Ahh,
A mouse.

I'm not sure that I've mentioned it before, but my sisters have zero initiative when it comes to dealing with things that need to be done. The cover of the light in our kitchen was sitting on the floor for six months before our friend Caleb finally fixed it. We've needed a cable for our dvd player for 4 months, no one will go get it, Vanessa is hilariously terrible at leaving her leftovers in the fridge, forever. I know what you are thinking, 'Your sisters have zero intiative? What about you Nikki?' In my defense, I am the one who does pretty much everything that needs to be done (gardens, cleaning, decorating, cooking, dishes, designing sweet garden gnomes to decorate our yard, paying bills etc) and when I say "I'm not dealing with the light fixture" I don't think it's too much to ask for one of them to fix the problem.

Anyways.
Now we have a serious problem.
A mouse.

I don't likey either.

And so the mouse was locked in the storage room. Holding all our sweet posessions hostage. My Dr. Quinn tapes, all our games, photo albums, Christian romance novels, stationery, DVD's. This mouse was causing a serious inconvenience. We had a games night planned AND I had a very upsetting week and NEEDED a dose of Sully. He is the medicine that cures all my problems. (Ohhh I totally need to blog about how Dr. Quinn has gotten me through every tough situation in my life - true story.)

It's weeks like this where boyfriends would be REALLY handy.

It would also be really handy if we weren't so SLOW in realizing that my best friend Tiersa grows mice for a living. (She sells them to pet stores).

It took us four days to remember that Tiersa could easily fix our mouse problem.

And so, the bestie-iest of best friends came over on Tuesday night and saved my Dr. Quinn collection - for which I will be eternally thankful.

Turns out the mouse was already dead. We dehydrated it by locking it in the room for four days with no water.

No comments: