Wednesday, August 08, 2012

ArtsWellsTwo


Arts Wells.
The festival of all things art.
The festival of hippies, dreadlocks, music, mythical creatures, drama, and uniqueness.

This is a shot of where I was staying (the blue building) the night the festival started. If I were to write an entire blog about the festival and all I did, including a 'learn to beatbox' workshop, it would take forever. So instead, using the picture above, we are going to play 'where's waldo?'

The following is a list of things that I saw over the course of the weekend. None of it is made up. NONE of it. I know that I have a tendency to exaggerate, but I really, truly, am really, really, really, really, on my honour being honest about what I saw.

A mule and cart
a bicycle built for four
a rcmp in red serge
a unicorn
a marching band
5 men in booty shorts
134 men that look like Jesus
4 cavewomen
356 women that look like cave women
993 people with dreadlocks
a faun
a man dressed like a peacock
a ying ying
4 clowns
2 - 13 foot tall glow in the dark owls
Waldo
3 brides
a two legged mule
323 music bands
67 naked hippies swimming in the creek

AND YOUR BONUS:
1 norman person
(oh wait, that was me, and I was behind the camera).

And just to prove that all those things were real, I bring you Nikki and the Faun and Nikki and Waldo
 (please ignore my "craaazy eyes." I was seriously tripping out. Not on drugs, but I JUST SAW A FREAKING FAUN!!! You'd freak out too!)

2 comments:

Aleida said...

honestly nikki you are crazy and i think crazy things follow you. I have to admit I wish I was there :)

Louise said...

I am very impressed by the faun! Sooo cool....and weird.... :)