Thursday, June 30, 2011

Barkerville Day 1

Well I made it north safe and sound.

I'm happy to be here in Wells/Barkerville.

Last nigh wa a staff BBQ at the park and it was so good to reconnect with and see some of my old aquaintences and friends. People were thrilled to see that I had come back and there were lots of hugs and smiles and jumping up in surprise.

My favourite greeting was when I saw one of the actors and as he gave me a hug, he said, "Welcome home." Not welcome back, but wecome home. It took me off guard for a miinute because home to me is Kamloops, but as I digested his words I thought to myself, "yeah, you know what, this is my summer home. This is where my heart lives during the winter, and it's where my mind and passions have lived ever sinc I was 12. History. The past. Making heritage real and living.

The following pictre is one my roomate/friend/co-worker Hayley took this morning.

That would be a fox eating from my hand.

His name is Mr. Socks ad our apartment building has adopted him.





1 comment:

aDORKable said...

So cute! I love foxes!
I am rather jealous of you being in Barkerville and me not being there, but at the same time, i am having a marvelous time here in Edmonton and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Say hi to all the actors for me!
Also: you;re gonna have to bellydance at St. Savior's for me at the institute night...take pictures!

See you around, I hope!
-Amanda Pelz