Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back Again

So...
Three years later, I'm starting it up again because of the persistence of a few key people. AND luckily for them/you, I never, ever change my password so I was able to get back onto my blog. I'm actually really impressed with how far blogspot has come since I last used it. It is so easy to update and change and make look good. I started blogging before you could just 'click' on things. Back in the day when blogging was big (2005) you had to manually type in the commands for everything. Colours, locations, pictures had to be downloaded from a different site. It was not so easy.

So... back to the theme of my original blogs, it's simply going to be a digital version of me. Things I think are funny, stuff that happens, pictures, my life. I'm anti-anything boring, so my goal (as always) is to be amusing if not interesting.

As a welcome back to you ... my faithful three readers... I've put together a tribute to my favourite thing to do. Dressing Up. Most people stop dressing up at some point in their life. I don't. I think it is fabulous to dress up and pretend you are someone or something else.
Enjoy. Laugh. Comment.

Come on, I'm really cute!


This was when I went through my 'I want to be a real woman' phase. It lasted about 5 years. Then when I became a 'real woman' I realized that 'they' are not actually that exciting. Or handy.


This is the start of my 'Dr.Quinn' phase. It lasted 6 years. Wait. I can't lie... the truth is that I'm still in that phase.


The 'wanting to be Indian' phase.


I only vaguely remember this day. But it was fun.

Jacob Moon Day in Dorm 8. A LOT of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts were involved in the decision to behave like this, and willingly get our picture taken.

Decade Dance
Banquet

Cherry Creek Disco Party

Old Fort Langely
Value Village. I was contemplating starting a new teacher wardrobe that consisted of massive gaudy broaches and tacky/awesome sweaters.

Christmas Party Tacky Sweater Contest
80's party. I love this outfit and will keep it forever.
Murder Mystery Dinner
This past summer in Barkerville

2 comments:

Louise said...

Great pics Nikki!
K you actually have to be a real blogger and post everyday......I promise I will read every one!

Anonymous said...

Every Day?
That is a lot!
But I'll try!
Nikki