Sunday, January 22, 2012

What I love about Sunday

Driving home a few minutes ago this song was playing on the radio and it made me think about my list of what I love about Sunday.

  • Sleeping in.
  • Waking up, and then sleeping in some more.
  • Waking up again and staying in my warm, comfy bed to read a book.
  • Finally dragging my lazy carcass out of bed, dressing up a bit more than a normal day - or dressing down more than a normal day depending on how I'm feeling.
  • Spending time with my sisters just chilling out.
  • Driving to church and anticipating the service.
  • Going to church.
  • Getting welcomed at the door by friendly people that I like.
  • Our AWESOME worship teams - seriously, they are fantastic.
  • Worship.
  • Seeing my friends.
  • Sitting with Tiersa at church again, just like in the old days. (I'm SO thankful for her furlough)
  • Learning new things from my 'friend' the DUDE (aka PH, aka Pastor Harry', Fields the Genius or my awesome friend DaveM. I worked closely with those men for 5 years and I love them and I miss seeing them during the week. It blesses my heart to talk and see them each Sunday)
  • Chilling after church and talking with people. Talking about stuff, or the sermon, or books, or funny things.
  • Getting a hug from my dad.
  • Seeing and talking with my old Youth kids.
  • The occasional after-church lunch outing with friends (I loved that more in Ontario where we had Church Chicken aka Swiss Chalet)
  • Having a long Sunday afternoon nap.
  • Reading.
  • E-mailing, blogging, texting, writing letters.
  • A lazy afternoon and evening at home.

LOVE it.
Sunday as a day of rest was ingrained in me from a young age, and it is a habit that I have kept for 29 years. I crave it, need it, love it.

1 comment:

hayley said...

not one thing on this list resembles my sundays anymore. i sometimes miss my pre-children days :(