Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sometimes I say dumb things

Sometimes I say dumb things. My problem is that I personally think I'm hilarious, and I forget that not everyone knows me and has the same opinion. So sometimes I think of things that are really funny, so I say them out loud, and then people give me a weird look because they don't know how truly hilarious I really am.

Like today.
During an interview.
Obviously not the best place to say something dumb.

The question: What makes you really sad?
I thought for approximately 0.007 seconds before I blurted out "people killing kittens."
Which, in my defense is REALLY sad.
But is also a dumb answer. Good answers would have included: child soldiers, poverty, rainy days, cancer etc.

But when I was asked the question, all I could think of was this video.

I don't know why. I haven't seen or thought of that video for 5 months, but it was the first thing that popped into my head. Watch the whole thing. It is WELL worth your time.

I also said another dumb thing. This guy was firing off, literally, a million questions about everything ranging from hobbies, to relationships, to jobs, to traffic tickets, to family etc. And it's going quick.

The question: What's your opinion on marriage?
Me: Yes please!!!

I probably should have clarified - not to him, just in general. I'm pro-marriage. I also could have said, "I support the concept of marriage. I think it's a good idea."

But I didn't say that. That would have been too normal.

But normal is boring.

3 comments:

Boopielicious said...

Oh, Nikki! I think the interviewer guy is probably in love with you now BECAUSE you are funny!!!!! And if being in love with you is not happening (i.e. he's way old or way young, he has tattoos over 90% of his body, etc.), he at least knows the best of you! You are hilarious and wonderful! NEVER boring! It's GOOD!!!!

Sandy H said...

Oh, Nikki!
You make my heart smile and wish that I could have been a fly on the wall. Thanks for sharing this and making it feel like you aren't across the country from us :(
Luv Sandy

Anonymous said...

So, did you get the job? ;)